This super tasty pear blueberry smoothie is a must try! With simple ingredients, it tastes absolutely delicious and will soon be a firm favourite for your vegan smoothie recipes.
Pear is fast becoming a firm favourite staple in my smoothie recipes. I’ve converted to using pear primarily over banana being the favourite.
There is just something distinctly delicious about fresh, ripe pear taste.
They are just so delicious and juicy once they have ripened nicely.
This blueberry pear smoothie uses frozen blueberries. The frozen berries gives the smoothie a delicious, refreshing taste.
However you can totally use fresh blueberries if you prefer or that is what you have on hand. It will still taste great. You can always throw in a couple of ice cubes if you would like a chilled taste.
I usually opt for frozen blueberries additionally as it allows for easier access to them when they are out of season.
Blueberries are a must in our household and great for nutrition. They act as an antioxidant and are loaded with vitamin C, vitamin K, mineral manganese and potassium.
Plant Based Milk
Lets face it – we all have our favourite plant based milk! Whether its taste preference, preferring to make your own or dietary needs.
I used oat milk in this recipe as it’s all we use at home with my childs multiple food allergies. However in saying that I’m sure this pear and blueberry smoothie would taste great using almond or coconut milk too!
We have a really great guide on plant based milks if you need help choosing.
We were recently gifted a delicious pot of homemade vegan honey – made from dandelions! So clever.
This gave a beautiful sweet taste – although this can be entirely optional if you prefer not to add extra sweetness.
Vegan Honey is readily available in specialist health stores or online.
Other great vegan sweetening options:
BEST BLENDER FOR SMOOTHIES
The best blender and my most reliable kitchen companion has been my Vitamix Blender without doubt.
Having used this Vitamix Blender for over five years, I can vouch for its robustness and reliability!
Of course buying a blender on the pricier side means its an investment – we use ours almost daily. We carefully considered it before purchasing having had a much cheaper blender break down on us.
If you don’t have room or need for a full sized blender, the ninja seems to be taking over the market as one of the best mini blenders. You can check it out here.
- ULTIMATE POWER: 1100-peak-watt motor powers through the toughest ingredients and pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks, smoothies, sauces, and more
- 2 VERSATILE PROGRAMS: 2 Auto-iQ preset programs are uniquely timed for smoothies & crushed ice – remove the guesswork with easy one-touch results.
- NUTRIENT EXTRACTION: Unlock hidden nutrition from whole fruits and veggies. Extract a drink containing vitamins and nutrients from fruits and vegetables. By blending whole fruits and vegetables including portions that are usually discarded.
- FROZEN BLENDING: Crush ice and pulverize frozen ingredients for resort- like frozen drinks, smoothies, frozen treats, and more.
- ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Blend directly in the 24-oz. single-serve cup, attach the spout lid, and enjoy your creations on the go.
I often use reusable Stainless Steel Metal Straws which give cold smoothies that extra refreshing kick.
- 12 DRINKING STRAWS FIT ALL SIZE TUMBLERS – 3 straight straws and 3 bent straws of 10.5” for 30oz tumblers. 3 straight straws and 3 bent straws of 8.5” for 20oz tumblers. Perfect for you to enjoy your beverage, juice, lemonade, coffee, cocktail, ice tea, cappuccino, etc.
- 18/8 FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL – BPA and lead free, Dishwasher Safe, No metal aftertaste, Colorfast, Plastic free, Reusable and Environmentally Friendly. As a safe and suitable alternative to plastic, they are safer for the environment. Not only the straw is environmental, the portable bag is the same. The material of the bag is natural cotton, It can be decomposed in the natural environment. Beside this, these straws are easy to carry by your handbag.
- 2 LONG NYLON CLEANING BRUSHES – Very handy to rinse off stains. Featuring a stainless steel handle and nylon bristles, the brush is of the perfect size for these straws, also suitable for cleaning cups and bottles.
- BROAD USAGE – These metal straws look equally beautiful in a cocktail or a smoothie, which add fun to any party, trendy for family reunion, girls night out,cocktail party, picnics, boating and so on. Also suitable for family party, outdoor picnics, hiking, trips and office use. An exceptional value and an excellent gift for any occasion.
- SAVE MONEY – Each reusable straw has the potential to eliminate up to 500 plastic straws over its lifetime. When you purchase a 12 pack of reusable straws, you’ll be saving over 6000 disposable straws. That’s more money in your pocket and less waste in the landfill.
You may also love:
- 1 medium ripe pear
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 200mls oat milk (or plant based milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vegan honey
- Chop the ripe pear into bitesize pieces
- Place all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy!
1) You can use fresh blueberries if you prefer. You can always add some ice cubes for a refrshing, chilled taste
2) You can omit the vegan honey if you prefer your blueberry pear smoothie less sweet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 11gSugar: 52gProtein: 3g
This is just an estimate
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. By using them, we will get a small commission of the sale at no extra cost to you. It’s the little things like this thats keep us afloat. We never recommend something we don’t believe in, always tired and tested too.